Saturday 9 May 2020

I Wonder Why


My guardian My beloved
My friend for 12 years and more
Moments of pressure moments of joy 
You gave us all

Today I wish to register a complaint
By me .. and by many others
Who feel like me

Life is meant to be uncertain
You know and I too
And with Covid you really do!

Then I wonder why

You walk so certain each day
In the 12 years passed on to me
As if black and white
Hold nothing between the two

Tales of explorers continue to remain
Your best themes told
And my best bedtime stories
For times ebb and flow
Letting my dreams and imagination
Ignite the creative halls

Then I wonder why

When testing moments of decision
Come to fall
When faith demands you and me
To hold our heads tall

Why fear of unknown
Acts as a winning case
Celebrated by all



No comments:

Post a Comment